Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded mac OS Mojave v10.14.6's App Store keeps offering updated iMovie (v10.1.14; 12/10/2019) in standard accounts.

A couple days ago, I upgraded my client's 2012 13.3" MacBook Pro's mac OS

Sierra v10.12.6 to Mojave v10.14.6. Its App Store keeps offering updated

iMovie (v10.1.14; 12/10/2019) in standard accounts. I already got the updated

iMovie from App Store under administrator account and its Apple ID account.

Why is App Store still showing this updated app in standard accounts? Do I

really need to relogin, redownload, and (re?)install to make it go away?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 3:38 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 30, 2019 10:18 AM in response to antdude

Upgrading rebuilds caches, yes.

Upgrading does not remove apps, unless those apps are stored in very odd spots, or are tied into a specific version of macOS rather more tightly than might usually be preferable.

The three apps you cite very likely all involve kexts, which means ties to versions, which means app upgrades.

I’m not sure whether the reboot cleared the iMovie upgrade notice reported here, or if Safe Mode cleared it.

You’ll eventually want to avail yourself of go64, as that’ll help with the next hurdle to be encountered here, with the next upgrade.

Upgraded mac OS Mojave v10.14.6's App Store keeps offering updated iMovie (v10.1.14; 12/10/2019) in standard accounts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.