Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos syncing with iPad

Hi. I have an iPhone XR. I have my phots save on iCloud and want it that way Incase I loose my phone I can get my photos back. But my daughters iPad also signed in on my Apple ID keeps syncing all the photos I take on my I phone and vice versa. 1. I want to keep iCloud photos on but not for them to sync to iPad. 2. How do I delete them off the iPad without them deleting altogether. 3. Photo stream is off. 4. On the iPad some settings are greyed out so I can’t press on them

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:21 AM

Go onto settings then onto your Apple ID then choose iCloud and turn off syncing between photos onto the iPad that you don’t want the photos to be on. They will still be on iCloud but not on that ipad

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 30, 2019 12:22 AM in response to Jade peta

Hi Jade,

The only way to delete the photos from the iPad completely and keep them in iCloud is to disable iCloud Photo Library on the iPad. The photos will then remain in iCloud when you remove them from the iPad. But you can no longer use the Photos app on the iPad to access them. I think that this what you want.

To disable the iCloud Photo Library (Do this first before you delete the photos on the iPad) on our iPAD go to Settings, tap your account name, iCloud > Photos, then turn off the switch for iCloud Photo Library.

Axel F.

Photos syncing with iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.