Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from iPhone synced to iPad Air 4th generation

Hello, I purchased an iPad Air 4th generation and I set it up using a new Apple ID as I strictly want this iPad for school and don’t want any personal photos stored on it. I did the set up for the App Store and for some reason all the photos from my iPhone are now on my iPad despite having iCloud turned off. I’m super confused and can’t figure out how to stop this or get rid of the photos. I thought that using a new Apple ID that isn’t connected to my iPhone would allow me to keep them separate. How did my photos transfer over? And how can I stop this? Any help/advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 4:00 AM

When setting-up your new iPad, did you set-up as a new iPad - or instead use any of the available “transfer” features?

If your existing devices are in proximity of the new iPad during initial setup, you are offered the facility to transfer settings and files - either using QuickStart or an existing iCloud/iTunes backup.

If you have genuinely created an entirely new AppleID account, perhaps the easiest method of resolving your current issues is to start again - and setup “as new”:

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings

Be aware that if your new iPad has already synchronised with iCloud, any photo’s/Calendars/Contacts and Passwords may have already been uploaded and stored in your iCloud storage - and these will reappear after a fresh setup attempt. Provided that you have demonstrated that you are only using your new AppleID for all Apple Services, then you can safely delete any information that you don’t want on your new iPad.

Remember that in using an entirely separate AppleID for your new iPad, any purchased Apps or Media will not be available to your new iPad - unless or until the items are purchased again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 4:00 AM in response to cindy.2011

When setting-up your new iPad, did you set-up as a new iPad - or instead use any of the available “transfer” features?

If your existing devices are in proximity of the new iPad during initial setup, you are offered the facility to transfer settings and files - either using QuickStart or an existing iCloud/iTunes backup.

If you have genuinely created an entirely new AppleID account, perhaps the easiest method of resolving your current issues is to start again - and setup “as new”:

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings

Be aware that if your new iPad has already synchronised with iCloud, any photo’s/Calendars/Contacts and Passwords may have already been uploaded and stored in your iCloud storage - and these will reappear after a fresh setup attempt. Provided that you have demonstrated that you are only using your new AppleID for all Apple Services, then you can safely delete any information that you don’t want on your new iPad.

Remember that in using an entirely separate AppleID for your new iPad, any purchased Apps or Media will not be available to your new iPad - unless or until the items are purchased again.

Photos from iPhone synced to iPad Air 4th generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.