Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos

I just got a new iPhone and am realising as I am taking photos on the new phone they are still coming up in my old iPhone library, i am not sure if I have to turn off the iCloud photos in my old phone or my new one, and I am worried my photos will be deleted, please help:(

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 1:45 PM

Turning iCloud Photos off on one device using the instructions in the "How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?" section of Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support will not remove photos from your new phone. Read that entire section to insure that your photos will be on your old phone.

3 replies

Feb 21, 2021 1:22 PM in response to Em_lukerzz

If you want to continue having Photos sync to iCloud (and possibly other devices) but not your older iPhone, you can turn off iCloud Photos on the older iPhone -- see the :How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?" section of Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Or if you are intending to quit using the old iPhone, just erase it as described in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.