Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch won’t pair with my iPhone 6 I keep getting a message to update my iPhone 6 but when I go to update my iPhone shows that I have no updates I am currently updated to 12.4 .4 with no new updates listed for my iPhone

My Apple Watch won’t pair with my iPhone 6 I keep getting a message to update my iPhone 6 for my watch to pair with my iPhone but when I go to update my iPhone it shows that I have no updates I am currently updated to 12.4 .4 with no new updates listed for my iPhone

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 3:22 AM

If your watch has watchos6 on it then it will NOT pair with an iphone 6;

A new apple watch 3 or 5 will NOT pair with an iphone 6 or lower,apple watch 3 and 5 have software version watchos6 on them,this requires an iphone with ios13 or higher on them.Iphones with ios13 are an iphone 6s, or higher.Iphone 6 can only update to ios12 maximum.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 3:22 AM in response to Zeus-jr

If your watch has watchos6 on it then it will NOT pair with an iphone 6;

A new apple watch 3 or 5 will NOT pair with an iphone 6 or lower,apple watch 3 and 5 have software version watchos6 on them,this requires an iphone with ios13 or higher on them.Iphones with ios13 are an iphone 6s, or higher.Iphone 6 can only update to ios12 maximum.

My Apple Watch won’t pair with my iPhone 6 I keep getting a message to update my iPhone 6 but when I go to update my iPhone shows that I have no updates I am currently updated to 12.4 .4 with no new updates listed for my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.