Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store does not work

App Store does not answer on Mac, tried signing out with Apple ID, restarting, signing in. Catalina is updated the the newest version.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 8:48 AM

Hi sterling r,

thanks a lot for the quick reply! And thanks for your suggestion - it worked! I tried it with my usual account as well, same problem so it may be a cash problem maybe? Anyway, as long as the problem holds with the usual account, I can use the other account to access the AppStore.

(I tried actually everything from your previous comment but it is irrelevant by now.)

Thanks again,

have a great day!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2020 8:48 AM in response to sterling r

Hi sterling r,

thanks a lot for the quick reply! And thanks for your suggestion - it worked! I tried it with my usual account as well, same problem so it may be a cash problem maybe? Anyway, as long as the problem holds with the usual account, I can use the other account to access the AppStore.

(I tried actually everything from your previous comment but it is irrelevant by now.)

Thanks again,

have a great day!

Jan 2, 2020 2:52 PM in response to SanKla

Hi SanKla, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are unable to connect to the App Store on your Mac. For this issue, I recommend following these steps that talks about If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

I hope that helps. Reach back out with any questions. 

Best Regards.

Jan 5, 2020 11:08 AM in response to SanKla

Hi SanKla, 

Thank you for reaching out again to Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are still having an issue accessing the App Store. In a situation like this, I recommend quitting all the apps that are running and restarting into safe mode. Test to see if you can access the App Store while in safe mode, restart your Mac as normal and see if the issue persists. Just booting into Safe mode in and of itself can resolve some issues. 

How to force an app to quit on your Mac - Apple Support

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Here are a few quick notes about safe mode:

- Safe mode often looks and responds a bit different than what you're used to.

- Safe mode does not load everything that normally loads during a regular startup.

- Safe mode is a bit slower while loading and during normal operation as well.

- These differences can be cleared-up by a normal restart.

Best Regards.

Jan 15, 2020 8:20 AM in response to SanKla

Hi SanKla, 

Thank you for reaching back out to Apple Support Communities. 

Testing in a new user account would be a next good step. This article explains How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Are you able to sign in the App Store while in the test user account? If the issue doesn't happen in the new user account, the issue is related to the settings or files in your own account.

The article I provided also has other steps to follow. If you need more help, there is a link to contact Apple Support at the bottom of the article. 

I hope that all helps. Have a great day!!

Jan 15, 2020 2:00 PM in response to SanKla

Hi SanKla, 

We are so glad that the App Store works in a test user account. You might have incompatible login items in your main user account causing the issue. This article has the steps to test your login items: If your Mac has a blue screen or other startup problems 

Here is a summary of what the article says: 

- On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.

- Click your account name below Current User, then click Login Items at the top of the window.

Make a list of the login items—you’ll need to remember them later.

- Select all of the login items, then click the Remove button .

- Choose Apple menu > Restart.

- If this solves the problem, open Users & Groups preferences again, add the login items one at a time, and restart your Mac after adding each one.

When the problem occurs again, follow the steps above to remove only the last login item you added.

Best Wishes!

Jan 3, 2020 8:33 AM in response to i_rina

Hi,

thanks. Tried everything, including the check of firewall settings and

also cleared the cash in Finder, still, I have the same problem. When I

try to use the App Store application on Mac, I get a blank page, and in a

very short time the app freezes, I need to force the closing. However, I

could use App Store with the same password etc. on my phone. However, I

even changed my password, works on the phone, in the online account

except App Store app on Mac. I detected first this problem after

updating for the latest version of Catalina. I suspect there must be

something wrong with the application, anyway, it worked very strangely

with Catalina from the first minute (it signed that did not complete the

downloaded apps for days, but I could use the applications at the same

time). I cannot find any link to update the App Store app itself, and I

do not know, how I could download it anyway...

Best

Jan 15, 2020 5:37 AM in response to Chris_D13

Hi,

thank you. I tried also in safe mode, I have the same problem. The application window opens blank and after 1-2 secs it freezes, and I need to force to close it. It is very bothering, I simply cannot get access to applications I would like to download and use. My guess is something went wrong with the last update, anyway, I never had any problems before Catalina stepped into my life. I really dislike this new system. Sorry.

App Store does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.