Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone speaker

I got cheese in my speaker hole and I tried to clean it with a sim card rejecter. is it possible that It has effected the water proofing

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 3:25 AM

It is possible if you went too deep into the speaker openings and applied excessive pressure to compromise the water resistant seal. There is no way to tell unless either examined by Apple or you conduct a live experiment in water with the iPhone.

If your iPhone is working normally, at present, then I recommend that you do nothing and be careful around moisture to be on the safe side. If you feel that you have incurred some water damage then do not hesitate to take the iPhone to an Apple Store and have it examined.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 3:25 AM in response to tyler347

It is possible if you went too deep into the speaker openings and applied excessive pressure to compromise the water resistant seal. There is no way to tell unless either examined by Apple or you conduct a live experiment in water with the iPhone.

If your iPhone is working normally, at present, then I recommend that you do nothing and be careful around moisture to be on the safe side. If you feel that you have incurred some water damage then do not hesitate to take the iPhone to an Apple Store and have it examined.

Axel F.

iPhone speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.