Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

random shutdown

my new mac mini--2018--shuts down randomly. I have never used it with anything but Catalina so I don't have a comparison. When I say random, I mean random. I can detect no pattern. It restarts and I do get the error message and send the message to Apple. I haven't tried to do anything to fix it, just keep hoping that Apple will recognize this as a BIG problem for its loyal users, and do something to fix it. I am posting this to help us let Apple know that this is a major problem. But, if you have any magic bullets, I would love to hear them.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 8:09 AM

Lyndel King wrote:

my new mac mini--2018--shuts down randomly. I have never used it with anything but Catalina so I don't have a comparison. When I say random, I mean random. I can detect no pattern. It restarts and I do get the error message and send the message to Apple. I haven't tried to do anything to fix it, just keep hoping that Apple will recognize this as a BIG problem for its loyal users, and do something to fix it. I am posting this to help us let Apple know that this is a major problem. But, if you have any magic bullets, I would love to hear them.

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 8:09 AM in response to Lyndel King

Lyndel King wrote:

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

random shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.