Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2014 random shutdown

I have a MacBook Pro 15" mid-2014 Catalina 10.15.4. Since installing latest version of Catalina (10.15.4) my MacBook has started shutting down at random. Gap between random shutdowns varies enormously from 2 minutes to one or two days. Have contacted Apple Support a couple of times who took me through recovery restart and reinstallation of OS and resetting PRAM. They also suggested scanning with Malwarebytes. I've also carefully cleaned out fans. None of this has made any difference, and I'm still getting these random shutdowns.

Any suggestions about how to put this right?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 2, 2020 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 11:31 AM

catmartyr wrote:

I have a MacBook Pro 15" mid-2014 Catalina 10.15.4. Since installing latest version of Catalina (10.15.4) my MacBook has started shutting down at random. Gap between random shutdowns varies enormously from 2 minutes to one or two days. Have contacted Apple Support a couple of times who took me through recovery restart and reinstallation of OS and resetting PRAM. They also suggested scanning with Malwarebytes. I've also carefully cleaned out fans. None of this has made any difference, and I'm still getting these random shutdowns.

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly,

or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because

of a problem.

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 11:31 AM in response to catmartyr

catmartyr wrote:

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly,

or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because

of a problem.

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Macbook Pro 2014 random shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.