Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air (2014) Struggling to Connect to Wifi

Within the past month, my Macbook Air running Catalina is struggling to connect to the Wifi where I work. Every other device I have will connect, the Macbook Air being the odd one out. Coworkers with Windows machines and MacBook's will usually connect to Wifi without an issue. The problem seems to be the an ip address between my laptop and the router is failing to be applied. I usually see the Wifi symbol with an exclamation point. Eventually it connects, but it's within an hour or so. Any ideas? Thanks.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 9:44 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 31, 2019 7:35 PM in response to ospreyg

Try each of these in order until one of them works and report back:

Try an SMC reset and a PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes).

Create a new user account on the laptop and see if you can connect to your WiFi.

Try booting in Safe Mode to see if you can connect to your WiFi.

Reboot both your modem & router and wait at least five minutes for them both to get to a ready state. Then reboot your laptop and try again.

Dec 31, 2019 5:40 AM in response to HWTech

This is helpful, as far as information, but it doesn't quite get to the issue I have.

I used Wireless Diagnostics each time I experience the issue. But the problem is that an ip address for the router is not automatically assigned to the laptop, or vice versa. I can connect immediately on my iPhone 8, and other users in the office have little issue.

Macbook Air (2014) Struggling to Connect to Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.