Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permission error - unable to export media to APFS or Mac OS Extended (Journaled) formatted external drive with correct permissions (not used for Time Machine backups)

I get the permission error "cannot be saved because you don't have permission". I've tried formatting, reformatting, using a different drive. I've tried APFS, Mac OS Extended (Journaled). No difference. I've copied all source media to a new FCP library. No difference.

Drive has correct permissions and I've even ensured "Ignore permissions" box is checked. Drive is not and has never been used for Time Machine. Anyone have any idea??

2013 Mac Pro "Trash Can". I have no problems saving to internal storage. It's a trash can so there's only one internal drive though. Not being able to save to external storage causes a performance hit and raises space issues on the internal drive.

Thanks,

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:11 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Permission error - unable to export media to APFS or Mac OS Extended (Journaled) formatted external drive with correct permissions (not used for Time Machine backups)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.