Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to remove resent from share menu in Catalina

I’m looking to remove resent from the sharing part of Safari in Catalina. I seen in other post where it is possible to do so in past Mac OS, but the direction given in Sierra are not correct.

thanks for any help given.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 1:35 PM

Can you elaborate a bit please?

I don't see"resent" as an option in Safari 13.04/ macOS Catalina 10.15.2

For more info:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/share-documents-files-and-more-from-mac-apps-mh40614/mac

4 replies

Dec 30, 2019 2:13 PM in response to dominic23

It is recent, not resent (sic), and only will appear on the bottom of the Safari Share menu toolbar item if one shared a web site via the Mail sharing menu selection.

These entries are stored in the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.sharekit.recents.plist as part of a massive Array of dictionary entries, and in my case that is 100. Since one would have to peak inside each of these array elements, and its dictionary content to determine if the recent item from the first sentence was contained in that array's dictionary element, and if it in fact was used for Mail sharing, or some other sharing functionality — cleaning the Safari Sharing Tool's Recent entries would be significant work.

In the case of names appearing in the Safari Sharing Recents list, there are two entries contained in a dictionary for each array element in the preceding image, as well as another array and separate strings and a number.

/usr/libexec/PListBuddy -c "print :SHKRecentServices:n:parameters" ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.sharekit.recents.plist

n = dictionary element shown as Item 0, Item1, … and parameters is another dictionary.

Dec 31, 2019 1:38 AM in response to dominic23

Dominin23,

The more info area you pointed me too, is the section I found email addresses I found and have no clue how they got

there. No one other than me has access to this machine so I’m baffled as to how they got there. Someone else had this same question only it was in Sahara. The person who gave a fix gave the correct file/folder for Sahara OS but seems to have a different

location in Catalina.

Sorry if I’m being confusing . In the other article all that had to be done was drag the folder to desktop, reboot and problem was fixed. I hope this gives you a better idea of what I’m wanting to do.

Is it possible to remove resent from share menu in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.