Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share menu (Safari) options gone after Catalina 10.15.6 update

All of the share menu options are gone, such as sending a webpage as a text message or posting one on Facebook. Anyone know how to get them back? This is on a 2019 16" MacBook Pro.

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 1:31 PM

That's a problem. I have never seen a completely blank Share Menu options panel.

What is the history here. Has this always been the case since you bought this Mac, or these items existed in 10.15.5, and then simply vanished in 10.15.6? Are you using any so-called Mac cleaning software, or anti-virus products that may have flagged these files in the past to remove?

I suggest that you download the macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Combo Update and install it. This will simply replace any missing or outdated items in the operating system, and leave your personal data alone. However, always a good idea to perform a Time Machine backup before any System update/upgrade.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 1:31 PM in response to treehuggerphotog

That's a problem. I have never seen a completely blank Share Menu options panel.

What is the history here. Has this always been the case since you bought this Mac, or these items existed in 10.15.5, and then simply vanished in 10.15.6? Are you using any so-called Mac cleaning software, or anti-virus products that may have flagged these files in the past to remove?

I suggest that you download the macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Combo Update and install it. This will simply replace any missing or outdated items in the operating system, and leave your personal data alone. However, always a good idea to perform a Time Machine backup before any System update/upgrade.

Jul 22, 2020 1:18 PM in response to treehuggerphotog

Aside from the fact that Apple moved the Share tool to the right-side of Safari 13.1.2, it is inactive until a webpage is viewed. I have Catalina 10.15.6 and all of the Share tool menu items are present.

Quit Safari. Visit System Preferences : Extensions : Share Menu, and see which missing items are unselected that you can reselect. Restart Safari, and with a web page open, reassess if the Share tool's menu items have returned.

Share menu (Safari) options gone after Catalina 10.15.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.