Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV -- can't purchase or rent movies for some reason

We last bought/rented a movie on Apple TV on the 26th, but yesterday and today we can't seem to purchase or rent or download anything on Apple TV. I'm having to do it thru my PC for some reason. Anyone know what might be causing this?

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 11:30 AM

This is a user forum, and I would not suggest leaving personal information on a public site.

Those symptoms can indicate an issue with the connection.

Check the current internet connection by using the speedtest app

Make sure DNS is set to auto (settings - network)

If on wifi try Ethernet

To see a current status of the network get a report from istumbler, netstumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise and nearby networks

Test on another network

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2020 11:30 AM in response to H-town Ag

This is a user forum, and I would not suggest leaving personal information on a public site.

Those symptoms can indicate an issue with the connection.

Check the current internet connection by using the speedtest app

Make sure DNS is set to auto (settings - network)

If on wifi try Ethernet

To see a current status of the network get a report from istumbler, netstumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise and nearby networks

Test on another network

Jan 2, 2020 11:32 AM in response to vazandrew

It's the new 4K HDR 64GB

When we try to rent or buy a movie -- we click on the "Buy" button, it hour glasses for a while, then the same screen pops up asking if you want to Buy or rent -- as if nothing happened.

The same thing happens when we tried to download Plex -- just hour glasses, and then asks if we want to download, we click again, yet nothing happens.

The weird thing is, we rented a movie on Dec 26th with no issues. Something happened after that, but I have no clue. As far as I know, nothing changed.

Thank you,

Jason

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Apple TV -- can't purchase or rent movies for some reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.