Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't purchase movie on my Apple TV account without an Apple device?? HELP! (...please...)

REALLY want to see movie "Greyhound." Got Apple TV just for that - planned to keep it going if I like the other content.

BUT - seems you have to purchase the movie - and I cannot

purchase it because I have no Apple devices. Just a smart TV.

The error message when I click "How to Watch" is "In-app purchases aren't allowed on this device. To watch here, yo must have subscribed to Apple TV+ on an Apple device."

WHAT? So Apple won't take my money unless I buy an Apple device? Doesn't seem a smart approach for a business, does it?

I'd be VERY grateful for advice here. Anyone?

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 10:21 PM

Greyhound is part of Apple TV+, the streaming service featuring ‘Apple Originals’. It is exclusively available to subscribers. The subscription has a 7 day free trial. To subscribe, you will need an Apple ID account with email, user details, and a valid payment method. Without an Apple device, you could alternatively manage such an account on a PC with iTunes.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

If you set up the Apple TV app on your smart TV, you might be redirected to activate.apple.com to create your Apple ID. You can also create your Apple ID on the web.

Get Apple TV+ - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 10:21 PM in response to OldSnowflake

Greyhound is part of Apple TV+, the streaming service featuring ‘Apple Originals’. It is exclusively available to subscribers. The subscription has a 7 day free trial. To subscribe, you will need an Apple ID account with email, user details, and a valid payment method. Without an Apple device, you could alternatively manage such an account on a PC with iTunes.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

If you set up the Apple TV app on your smart TV, you might be redirected to activate.apple.com to create your Apple ID. You can also create your Apple ID on the web.

Get Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Can't purchase movie on my Apple TV account without an Apple device?? HELP! (...please...)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.