Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when logging in to change my password on Apple id the location is wrong

I reside in Western Australia and when I log in to reset my password response from Apple states

that someone is using my devices in Darlinghurst NSW

Can someone advise me why this is happening

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 6:16 PM

If this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen,  about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 6:16 PM in response to plod5188

If this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen,  about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

when logging in to change my password on Apple id the location is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.