Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Safari 13.0.4 putting Recovered files: Bookmarks.plist and folders in the trash automatically?! What to do?

I found stuff in the trash that I did not put there:

-- Bookmarks.plist property list - 4.7MB

I put this in Recents, but looked again and it is in Downloads for now.

Letting it be until I ask what this means

and is it okay to put this back in trash and empty.

when it seemed to have appeared by itself in the trash?

(or did I inadvertently so something that caused this to be put in trash?)

Please advise.

-- After this Bookmarks.plist property list was found in Downloads, then this appeared in the Trash:

"Recovered files: a document being saved by Safari support"

I moved this to the desktop.

-- Then appeared in the Trash:

Recovered Trash: folder 10KB

Please help me to understand the meaning of what is happening and what i should do about it?

Don't want to trash anything important or essential and a mystery that this is happening unless a feature of the newest automatic update of Safari, now 13.0.4 -on a Mojave 10.14.6 MacBook Air (mid 2013)

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 30, 2019 8:46 PM in response to allan299

If you’re Safari preferences/bookmarks aren’t being affected when the files are not with Safari’s files you’re probably fine to get rid of them. Otherwise try setting the Safari bookmarks up to sync with iCloud, you might have to find the sites again but it would at least stay and not move. My Safari settings are in iCloud on the newest Safari version and it works great.

Dec 30, 2019 9:01 PM in response to Evan_Overman

Are you using Safari 13.0.4 and Mojave 10.14.6 and a MacBook Air (mid 2013): is iCloud synching available for that

combination OS?

The bookmarks seem intact although I haven't look at every one.

Can someone tell me, in simple terms, what they perceive as happening from what I have described?

What is contained in the files I described being automatically sent to trash and why is

that happening?

It seems so strange that things are

going into the trash on their own: isn't it a strange thing to happen?

Is Safari 13.0.4 putting Recovered files: Bookmarks.plist and folders in the trash automatically?! What to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.