Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Images missing from existing Photo Books

I created, and had printed through Apple, three books. I created them in iPhoto. I'm now running Photo and notice that several images have disappeared from the books. Those images exist in my Photo Library. I'd add them back, however, there seems to be no way to edit the old projects. And when I right- click on the projects, I can Rename or Delete, but the Duplicate Project option is grayed out. How can I repair these books without spending hours and hours re-creating them from scratch?

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 9:12 AM

Apple stopped all print services for books or cards or calendars. All you can do with your old projects is to save them as a PDF file or to migrate them to some third party project extension. If can convert your book to a Mimeo Project, you may be able to add the missing photos back to the project. But I would save the existing project as a PDF file, so you can compare the new project to the previous version.

See: Create and order print products in Photos with Project Extensions - Apple Support

and: Post 9/30/2018 Printing Options for Photos - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2019 9:12 AM in response to dulac71

Apple stopped all print services for books or cards or calendars. All you can do with your old projects is to save them as a PDF file or to migrate them to some third party project extension. If can convert your book to a Mimeo Project, you may be able to add the missing photos back to the project. But I would save the existing project as a PDF file, so you can compare the new project to the previous version.

See: Create and order print products in Photos with Project Extensions - Apple Support

and: Post 9/30/2018 Printing Options for Photos - Apple Community

Images missing from existing Photo Books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.