Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genius Bar

How do you make an appointment for the Genius Bar?

Apple seems to have made this task impossible.

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 11:08 AM

4 replies

Dec 31, 2019 11:37 AM in response to Newheart807

A growing number of users have been making Genius Bar reservations for problems that do not belong there. The Genius Bar has been overwhelmed, and the technicians can not always provide useful guidance because the breadth of the problems presented may lie beyond their (hardware-focused) expertise.

Apple has been forced to erect a series of tests to assure that only Hardware-oriented issues end up at the Genius Bar, where Hardware is the focus of Genius-specific training. Other issues will rightly be deflected to informational articles, User diagnostics, or different outlets along the way, including this forum, where many Users of wildly different backgrounds will see you query, and some may have something to add and post a reply.

Dec 31, 2019 11:58 AM in response to Newheart807

My sentences were simple and declarative, and did not contain any information intended to be condescending or judgmental. I am sorry you were offended, that was not my intention.

When folks with Hardware problems are only able to get a Genius Bar reservation 6 weeks out, it affects you as well as Apple.

I have simply explained WHY there are now a few minor barriers to making a direct reservation.

I think you will find when you proceed through the flow of questions, that obvious Hardware problems rapidly converge to a Genius Bar reservation page.

Genius Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.