Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is my ipad too old

why wont my ipad let me install apps that i have been using for years no longer install.i have the latest software for my device but it wont let me install things like chrome

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 1:29 PM

Hello,

If your iPad will not update past 9 then you have either an iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) or iPad mini (1st generation). These iPad models do not support any system version newer than 9. You cannot update your iPad any further. If you need to use software that requires a newer system software version then you will need to purchase a newer iPad model.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2019 1:29 PM in response to BasilSloth

Hello,

If your iPad will not update past 9 then you have either an iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) or iPad mini (1st generation). These iPad models do not support any system version newer than 9. You cannot update your iPad any further. If you need to use software that requires a newer system software version then you will need to purchase a newer iPad model.

Dec 31, 2019 4:26 PM in response to BasilSloth

If you had these apps on your iPad prior, you can attempt to redownload the older versions by launching the iOS App Store app and in the lower menu, tap the Purchases option and try to redownload all of the older compatible versions of your previously installed apps from this menu option.

If NO older app versions no longer exist for download, the app developer has removed their older, legacy versions of their apps from Apple's iOS App Store servers.

Best of Luck to You!

is my ipad too old

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.