Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery drain after Mojave upgrade

since upgrading to Mojave, I have had a lot of battery drain. I waited a long time to upgrade from High Sierra and ultimately had no choice due to other programs that I needed for work. I am not adept at managing this issue by myself. Has anyone found that the newer upgrade to Catalina improves the problem? pressing option and checking the battery says it is running normally.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 2:05 PM

Hi babydoc1992,

It sounds like you're having trouble with battery life, and I want to help.

How many times has this happened? While processes run and update for the first time, it might be normal for them to use extra energy and then return to normal usage following an upgrade.

Check out this article that helps with battery:

About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

To get a real-time snapshot of what's using energy, you can also check the Activity Monitor:

How to use Activity Monitor on your Mac - Apple Support

Good luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 2:05 PM in response to babydoc1992

Hi babydoc1992,

It sounds like you're having trouble with battery life, and I want to help.

How many times has this happened? While processes run and update for the first time, it might be normal for them to use extra energy and then return to normal usage following an upgrade.

Check out this article that helps with battery:

About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

To get a real-time snapshot of what's using energy, you can also check the Activity Monitor:

How to use Activity Monitor on your Mac - Apple Support

Good luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

battery drain after Mojave upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.