Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone battery dropped from 100% to 0% while I was sleeping and on airplane mode

I have serious issues with my battery for a long time. My iPhone is 1.5 years old, second hand, and in the last months the percentage are dropped even when I do nothing with the iPhone for hours. I can’t survive more than 4 hours without low battery mode. I’ve tried to reset it and leave it without any iCloud account to see if it’s a matter of hardware or software. For one day and a half the battery was normal again, and than, without any of my data or accounts on it, when it’s completely blank, the battery become crazy again. One month is passed and I was going to buy new iPhone, but today when I woke up I discovered that my iPhone is on 0%. No guess what, before I’ve go to sleep I’ve charged it to 100%, and every night I turn on the airplane mode, and this night too. My battery was supposed to stay with 100%, maybe 98%, but zero??? I don’t care about the warranty, I don’t care about the Apple Store repairs payments rules, my iPhone is gone crazy and it’s Apple battery fault. I won’t pay to fix it and than lose the water resistant because of it, I’m refusing to buy new expensive iPhone, I don’t have the money for it. It is Apple responsibility to help me now when their iPhone battery or software is goes bananas even beyond the warranty period of time, because I can use the device anymore while I’m not sure when it will dropped down the percentage again. Please be fair, Apple, and gave me a decent solution. I’ve always bought only Apple original chargers, I’ve never done anything beyond the instructions. Take care of my iPhone.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 4:02 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 1, 2020 7:49 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I already do that. At first I've reset it without any account, like completely new iPhone, and battery was fine for like an hour, but than it dropped down as usual. I don't know what is the problem but I think is terrible that I have to pay for something that is completely not my fault. I mean, I've always bought the far more expensive Apple original chargers, It hasn't have even a scratch, I've used it better than Steve Jobs would, and after one year the battery is completely crazy and dropped to 0% from 100% overnight. I won't be in peace with that, I want Apple to take responsibility on this one. Who do I need to talk to exactly? I don't even have Apple Store in my country.

Jan 1, 2020 5:34 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

My battery is absolutely manufacturing defected. No normal battery, 1.5 year old, on airplane mode while I’m asleep, and with 89% maximum capacity which Apple define as “normal peak”, is going from 100% to 0% during sleep of 9 hours, of course without use. I AM NOT accept to lose my water resistant and pay for a new battery although I’ve taking care of my iPhone perfectly. This is unacceptable. Apple need to take responsibility here.

My iPhone battery dropped from 100% to 0% while I was sleeping and on airplane mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.