Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Magsafe cord is turning yellowish

I have already replaced the magsafe cord due to burning out 1 and half year ago. Now my second magsafe cord is getting too hot and turning yellow. I take much care of the cord after my first one burnt out.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 4:43 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 5, 2020 1:17 PM in response to EmmanuelCreations

Same as you.. Just out of nowhere my macbook air magsafe cord also turned yellow. No other apple cord (iphone or Ipad) have that problem so I doubt that it is dirt ok because of oil on hands as someone suggested in another post, especially as it happened so suddenly.

I am curious as what would be the cause as I feel no overheating, and I don't want to buy a new one just to have the same thing happen one month later.

The cord is still charging, but I dont want to damage my computer if it is not safe.

Jan 5, 2020 3:59 PM in response to leroydouglas

Wow I just saw your picture 😱

mine is nowhere near that state!

It’s 3 y.o. but anything else on the cord is perfectly clean. I really take care of my stuff... I wanted it to last at least one year or two more. I mean.. 3years is not that old. It makes me question my next computer buy.. I have 6 years old HP or Dell power cords that are working perfectly. On the other site my makbook air cord that I kept clean and tood care as if it was a baby, is falling apart -_-

My Magsafe cord is turning yellowish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.