Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Connecting your Apple Watch. This may take a moment" stuck.

Hello. My trouble is: when i try to pair my Apple Watch Series 2 to my IPhone 11 Pro (IOS 13.3) it stuck at connecting Apple Watch screen. Please help me.

P.S. I dont know version of WatchOS

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 3:21 AM

Literally keep having this same issue. It resent my Apple Watch without me knowing and I can’t even wear it now. My update continues to fail and when i try to repair without it, it gets stuck too...I have. Spent countless hours trying to fix this...if it doesn’t get fixed I will have to switch to another product...ughh

90 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 3:21 AM in response to ngelsoto

Literally keep having this same issue. It resent my Apple Watch without me knowing and I can’t even wear it now. My update continues to fail and when i try to repair without it, it gets stuck too...I have. Spent countless hours trying to fix this...if it doesn’t get fixed I will have to switch to another product...ughh

Jan 4, 2020 8:15 PM in response to hyris

Hello hyris,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your Apple Watch becomes unresponsive when trying to connect with your iPhone 11 Pro. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.

How to restart your Apple Watch

Restart your iPhone

Next, make sure that your iPhone has Bluetooth turned on and is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network. Then use the steps in the following resource to set up your Apple Watch:

Set up your Apple Watch

Have a nice day!

Jan 4, 2020 8:15 PM in response to hyris

Hello hyris,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your Apple Watch becomes unresponsive when trying to connect with your iPhone 11 Pro. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.

How to restart your Apple Watch

Restart your iPhone

Next, make sure that your iPhone has Bluetooth turned on and is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network. Then use the steps in the following resource to set up your Apple Watch:

Set up your Apple Watch

Have a nice day!

Jun 6, 2020 11:34 AM in response to hyris

UPDATE to this post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250998383?answerId=252785388022#252785388022

Retried the update on my wife's phone again this morning. Went to check for an update: "Not connected to the internet". Tried again and got the Watch OS update screen for version 6-something. It had been telling us it was up-to-date at 5.3.7. Took 2 or 3 hours to complete the process, but watch is functioning again.

The only thing we did different is bring the watch and phone downstairs closer to the WiFi. That did not help trying to pair it to my phone -- all those failures were done downstairs, so it seems unlikely. I think a more likely suspect is glitchy Apple servers. We didn't really change anything else, so all I can suggest is to keep trying.

Apr 13, 2020 4:09 AM in response to hyris

I did a few steps and it worked for me. It might work for someone else:

• Erase the Apple Watch;
  • Update the Apple Watch to the latest possible version;
  • Reset the Apple Watch;
  • Reset the iPhone;
  • Keep both the Apple Watch and the iPhone charging;
  • Do the pair setup on a cellular network.

Following all these steps I were able to pair my Apple Watch successfully.

Jan 25, 2020 10:33 AM in response to Party_Poison

I am having the same problem. I have a brand new Apple Watch series 4 and keep getting a software update failed notice. I bright it back to were I purchased and they tried another watch and same failure notice. I spoke with Apple this morning and they were no help. So I don’t know what to do. I may just return and not get another watch. This is ridiculous.

Jan 26, 2020 5:10 PM in response to Luke 4999

I’m having this issue with a series 3 cellular model as well, I went as far as wiping my phone completely and trying again. Started with the software update failed. Then I reset the watch and tried again. Tried setting up as a new Apple Watch and skipping the software update, sits there “connecting to your Apple Watch. This may take a moment.” Never finishes. Wish I came across this post before I spent the last 4 hours of my life trying to resolve! Hopefully they figure out to resolve this issue soon.

Jan 26, 2020 10:43 PM in response to Ash1507

I'm now getting watchOS 5.3.4 in the pairing process (was 6.1.1 all weekend) , but same result: either "connecting your AW..." stuck situation when I choose not to make the update or "software update failed..." error when I choose the update way, and back to square one. Yet... I get stories of people with no problems at all. Strange indeed.

"Connecting your Apple Watch. This may take a moment" stuck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.