Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audible notifications

i am no longer hearing any audible notifications from emails or texts. I checked the settings and they are set to receive them. Any suggestions on what other things I should check? I'm new to the iPhone so maybe I'm missing something??

If it matters I just did an update last week although this problem was happening before this.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 7:46 AM

On the side of the iPhone is a switch, called the Mute switch, which will put the iPhone into Silent Mode. Check the switch, if it is facing to the front screen and you do not see any color, Mute is off. If it is towards the read of the iPhone and you see a red/orange color, the phone is in Mute, and you will not hear any sounds. Also, check Do Not Disturb. You will find that either in Settings or in Control Center. With that turned on, you will not hear any sounds. Lastly, check the ringer volume on the iPhone. You can adjust that with the volume buttons on the side of the iPhone. If the screen is unlocked, you should also see a small feedback dialog box at the top portion of the phone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2020 7:46 AM in response to nbeck0619

On the side of the iPhone is a switch, called the Mute switch, which will put the iPhone into Silent Mode. Check the switch, if it is facing to the front screen and you do not see any color, Mute is off. If it is towards the read of the iPhone and you see a red/orange color, the phone is in Mute, and you will not hear any sounds. Also, check Do Not Disturb. You will find that either in Settings or in Control Center. With that turned on, you will not hear any sounds. Lastly, check the ringer volume on the iPhone. You can adjust that with the volume buttons on the side of the iPhone. If the screen is unlocked, you should also see a small feedback dialog box at the top portion of the phone.

No audible notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.