Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Xs intermittent audible text notifications since 13.3.1 iOS from 12.4

Since updating my iPhone Xs From iOS 12.4 to iOS 13.3.1, my audible text notifications are intermittent. There does not appear to be a rhyme or reason to them. Someone can be texting with and I get the notifications and then suddenly I don’t. I do get the visual notifications. Everything was working fine prior to the update. I have restarted the phone a couple of times, but it didn’t help.

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2020 10:19 AM

Thanks! Your solution seems to have worked. Everything seems to be working fine again. I don’t use Bluetooth, but with that latest update, it must’ve turned on my Bluetooth. I didn’t realize that it had been on.

2 replies

Feb 20, 2020 12:47 PM in response to MLDiamond

Hello MLDiamond,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to hear some notification sounds for the Messages app on your iPhone. To help with this, please go to Settings > Bluetooth and temporarily turn this off, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics, make sure 'Change with buttons' is disabled and move the volume slider to zero, then up to max, then to the preferred volume level. Next go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and temporarily disable Attention Aware Features. Then check your notification settings for the Messages app and test your issue again.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

iPhone Xs intermittent audible text notifications since 13.3.1 iOS from 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.