Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification sounds

Recently, my phone has been making notification sounds without any actual notifications appearing. I get two within seconds and get them probably about ten times per day. Anyone else getting this?

iPhone 13 mini, SW 15.3.1

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 2:01 PM

I have the same issue.

I swipe down to check Notification Center but there’s nothing.

I have triple checked my notification settings for each app, to make sure there’s no sound without a banner in the Notification Center, but it still keeps happening! I might throw my phone out the window!! 😫

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 2:01 PM in response to Raicya

I have the same issue.

I swipe down to check Notification Center but there’s nothing.

I have triple checked my notification settings for each app, to make sure there’s no sound without a banner in the Notification Center, but it still keeps happening! I might throw my phone out the window!! 😫

Mar 20, 2022 8:12 AM in response to Seanjohn110

Update: for me it turned out to be my Gmail app. I don’t know what’s going on with the lastest iOS updates but the notification sound for my Gmail app has changed, and the the sound was playing without any other visual update (I had badges switched on for the Gmail app).

Now a lot of my apps aren’t notifying me in real-time. NOT GOOD APPLE! 🤬

Notification sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.