iPhone Pro 14 notifications not showing or making sound on Lock Screen

My phone will not show or sound any notification when on Lock Screen. Notifications will sound and show when the screen is active. I have checked Settings>Notifications also Sounds and Haptics, also checked Focus... After checking everything I found out that the Notifications will work only when Bluetooth is turned OFF but I can't keep it off...

Anyone having the same issue?

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 7:05 AM

Has there been any resolution for this problem yet? I have had this issue since I got my iPhone 14 almost a year ago. No notification sounds from my apps. I get text message sounds and alerts, but that's it.

• Focus is Off

• Do Not Disturb is Off

• Silent Mode is Off

• Notification Settings are all On

• All respective Sounds and Haptics are Enabled

Some Apps don't even give alerts at all anymore (Shopify being one of them). I used to get alerts for every sale on my Shopify app. Now I don't often know that I've made a sale until I get an email days later from Shopify about the funds being transferred to my bank account. Then I have to scramble to the website and fulfill all of my orders. This has been going on for almost a year. My Calendar (Apple Calendar) will not give alerts or sounds anymore on my iPhone 14 Pro. I missed a meeting at work because of this.

My old iPhones are in the house and have been repurposed as security cameras or other things and sometimes I will hear those phones give the alert sounds and I will know that the notifications are still working on those (and it will prompt me to check the respective app on my current iPhone 14 Pro).

My Calendar alerts work on my MacBook Pro, but I do not always have it with me. It is more of a desktop computer for me.

Why is this still a problem on the iPhones, @Apple Inc.?

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2023 7:05 AM in response to luciene10

Has there been any resolution for this problem yet? I have had this issue since I got my iPhone 14 almost a year ago. No notification sounds from my apps. I get text message sounds and alerts, but that's it.

• Focus is Off

• Do Not Disturb is Off

• Silent Mode is Off

• Notification Settings are all On

• All respective Sounds and Haptics are Enabled

Some Apps don't even give alerts at all anymore (Shopify being one of them). I used to get alerts for every sale on my Shopify app. Now I don't often know that I've made a sale until I get an email days later from Shopify about the funds being transferred to my bank account. Then I have to scramble to the website and fulfill all of my orders. This has been going on for almost a year. My Calendar (Apple Calendar) will not give alerts or sounds anymore on my iPhone 14 Pro. I missed a meeting at work because of this.

My old iPhones are in the house and have been repurposed as security cameras or other things and sometimes I will hear those phones give the alert sounds and I will know that the notifications are still working on those (and it will prompt me to check the respective app on my current iPhone 14 Pro).

My Calendar alerts work on my MacBook Pro, but I do not always have it with me. It is more of a desktop computer for me.

Why is this still a problem on the iPhones, @Apple Inc.?

Oct 5, 2022 9:25 AM in response to luciene10

Hello luciene10,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help get the notifications showing as expected, even when Bluetooth is enabled.

It sounds like you checked the settings already, but let's use these steps to ensure they are correct:

"Change notification settings

Most notification settings can be customized for each app. You can turn app notifications on or off, have notifications play a sound, choose how and where you want app notifications to appear when your device is unlocked, and more.

1. Go to Settings  > Notifications.
  2. Choose how you want notifications displayed on the Lock Screen:
    • View just the number of notifications: Tap Count.
    • View the notifications grouped into stacks by app: Tap Stack.
    • View the notifications in a list: Tap List.

When notifications arrive, you can change the layout by pinching the notifications on the Lock Screen.

3. To schedule a notifications summary, tap Scheduled Summary, then turn on Scheduled Summary.

Select the apps you want notifications for in your summary, set a time for delivery of your summary, then tap the Back button at the top left. (See schedule a notifications summary.)

4. To choose when you want notification previews to appear, tap Show Previews, select an option—Always, When Unlocked, or Never—then tap the Back button at the top left.

Previews can include things like text (from Messages and Mail) and invitation details (from Calendar). You can override this setting for individual apps.

5. Tap an app below Notification Style, then turn Allow Notifications on or off.

If you turn on Allow Notifications, choose when you want the notifications delivered—immediately or in the scheduled notifications summary—and turn Time Sensitive Notifications on or off.

For many apps, you can also set a notification banner style and turn sounds and badges on or off.

6. Tap Notification Grouping, then choose how you want the notifications grouped:

• Automatic: The notifications from the app are grouped according to organizing criteria within the app, such as by topic or thread.
    • By App: All the notifications from the app are grouped together.
    • Off: Turn off grouping.

To turn off notifications selectively for apps, go to Settings > Notifications > Siri Suggestions, then turn off any app.

When you use Focus, it delays the delivery of notifications on iPhone to prevent interruptions. You can schedule a time to receive a summary of the notifications you missed. See Schedule a notification summary."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support

If the issue continues, try a normal restart of your device to see if that helps quickly resolve the issue.

We hope this helps to get your notifications showing and sounding as expected again.

Cheers!

Oct 17, 2023 6:48 PM in response to luciene10

I am also having this issue, my Focus/ Do Not Disturb is off, and I do not even have the Apple Watch app installed. I get no text notifications ever, I only know when that I have a text when I unlock my screen and look at the message button. My gmail notifications rarely come through and it no longer sends notifications to my FitBit either. This has been going on for about 4 months now and I got this phone in May.

After my son have to walk home a mile in the pouring rain due to not getting his text I am I little upset. With what I paid for the phone should it not work, especially since it looks like I am not the only one with this issue.

Jun 30, 2023 3:44 AM in response to luciene10

I had a similar problem. My notifications would show on my locked screen but without sound. Like you, I would only get sound if I turned Bluetooth off which was not a viable solution. This is what worked for me:

Go to settings, message notifications and turn Allow notifications OFF. Then shut your phone completely off for a few seconds. Turn your phone back on. Go back to settings, message notifications and turn Allow notifications back ON. You should now receive sound notifications with you text messages even on your locked screen (as long as you have the Lock Screen alert notification setting checked also).

I hope this helps.

Jun 30, 2023 3:59 AM in response to IT_monkey

My notifications would show on my locked screen but without sound. I would only get sound if I turned Bluetooth off which was not a viable solution. This is what worked for me:

Go to settings, message notifications and turn Allow notifications OFF. Then shut your phone completely off for a few seconds. Turn your phone back on. Go back to settings, message notifications and turn Allow notifications back ON. You should now receive sound notifications with you text messages even on your locked screen (as long as you have the Lock Screen alert notification setting checked also).

I hope this helps someone.

Sep 1, 2023 9:57 AM in response to Truism-16

Thank you for that, Truism 16.

Yes i tried that first, tried turning bluetooth off, changing notifications, changing volume controls, re-booting after everything, taking FOCUS off, and a half dozen other things that i have already forgotten. Nothing works. Of course, the phone will be two years old in two months, so that is probably part of the "planned obsolescence" of Apple. At this point, I guess I will have to buy a new one in November. so frustrating.

Oct 20, 2023 7:18 AM in response to luciene10

I started having a similar issue a few days ago (i think this may be caused by some sort of update) where my reminders that have worked flawlessly for years (i set everything to go off at 6am on whatever particular day I need to do the task), but all of a sudden my reminders refuse to show on the lock screen at all anymore. and the widget *****. im really frustrated as this is a huge focal point of how i operate in my life to stay on top of things and organized. I need reminders to show in the original drop down on my lock screen. what is the point if i have to go and unlock my phone and look at the disorganized list on the app itself??? i might as well carry around a paper list as thats better than the current update. the apple reminders app is completely useless now

iPhone Pro 14 notifications not showing or making sound on Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.