Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LOUD notifications

I have the iPhone 14 Pro Max. If I get a text, email, or any other notification while I’m on a call, the notification sound is deafening!!!!!! I can’t find anyway to stop this. I hate it so much that I’m considering going back to my iPhone 11. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 8:07 PM

DMcD76 Said:

"LOUD notifications: Thanks for the quick reply, but none of this solves the issue. I’ve never encountered this problem with any other model of iPhone. I don’t want to silence all my notifications all the time. I just want them to be muted while I’m on a call as they have been with all my other iPhones."

-------

As of this post, this is not an option.

So, Recommend this to Apple:

Being not an option, recommend this to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is their customers prefer, and what features to include in models to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this to be an option and why. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 8:07 PM in response to DMcD76

DMcD76 Said:

"LOUD notifications: Thanks for the quick reply, but none of this solves the issue. I’ve never encountered this problem with any other model of iPhone. I don’t want to silence all my notifications all the time. I just want them to be muted while I’m on a call as they have been with all my other iPhones."

-------

As of this post, this is not an option.

So, Recommend this to Apple:

Being not an option, recommend this to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is their customers prefer, and what features to include in models to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this to be an option and why. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Mar 3, 2023 7:58 PM in response to DMcD76

DMcD76 Said:

"LOUD notifications: I have the iPhone 14 Pro Max. If I get a text, email, or any other notification while I’m on a call, the notification sound is deafening!!!!!! I can’t find anyway to stop this. I hate it so much that I’m considering going back to my iPhone 11. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?"

-------

About Loud Notifications:

Either use no sound for notifications or mute your iPhone. Also, provide Apple feedback on this.

Links:

LOUD notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.