Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optimized charging not working

ive had optimized charging since I got this phone (so about 7ish months) and optimized charging is STILL not working. Am I doing something wrong?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 11:50 AM

Optimized charging is a system that goes off your typical usage patterns to prolong the life of the battery, not charging it to its max capacity, rather charging I to 80% and holding there, until it predicts your going to need a full charge where then it will charge it to full, considering it’s trying to dictate when your going to need the full charge, if your usage habits are sporadic and habitual, it’s could be hard for your phone to dictate when to charge and when not to, so it could be working, just not the way you expect

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2020 11:50 AM in response to JustYourAverageiPhoneUser

Optimized charging is a system that goes off your typical usage patterns to prolong the life of the battery, not charging it to its max capacity, rather charging I to 80% and holding there, until it predicts your going to need a full charge where then it will charge it to full, considering it’s trying to dictate when your going to need the full charge, if your usage habits are sporadic and habitual, it’s could be hard for your phone to dictate when to charge and when not to, so it could be working, just not the way you expect

Optimized charging not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.