You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to verify payment to use Apple ID balance (gift cards) for in App purchases/upgrades

I have redeemed several Apple Store gift cards on my iPad. It shows the balance. When trying to purchase a subscription or in app purchase/upgrade, it goes through but then says before purchase can be completed I must verify the purchase so it takes me to the screen where you choose your payment method. This shows the balance of the giftcards in my Apple ID. The only choices on this screen are: redeem (to add more gift cards) or add payment method (to add other forms of payment.) How do I use Apple ID balance to pay for these purchases?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 11:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 11:25 AM

Have you tried adding a credit card on that screen? When the purchase completes, it should use your Apple ID balance before the credit card is charged.

1 reply

How to verify payment to use Apple ID balance (gift cards) for in App purchases/upgrades

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.