Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using KEYCHAIN 101 (with 1Pass)

are all these WINDOWS showing Safari Keychain or Keychain or whatever i call it? i mean is this the FINDER UI?

is there a difference between clicking on OTHER and clicking on the little arrow with the key or whatever?!

is there some way to KNOW what the password is if you are showing DUPLICATES? i've deleted the identifying emails here but sometimes i see the same email address so it is exactly the same or sometimes it is another of my email addresses.

and i sometimes will see MULTIPLE items with some even showing an entry and a "+1 other" or "+2 other" or even "+3 other" and i never can get in to see what the others are. so i have to delete everything and reset a password next time i am in. but i would much rather sort the UI here and determine which entries are old.

but i can't even get in when there is just one or two entries like this showing just one entry.

also, what am i doing wrong that causes me to end up with four or five or more entries here? i am super confused.

LASTLY. i also have 1Pass installed and can never figure out when i am looking at 1Pass or when i am looking at KEYCHAIN or how to decide /which/ i am using to put in a password.

can anyone help?

THANK YOU

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 8:18 PM

Chronologically I think...

Open Keychain Access in Utilities, Enter something in the search bar, then either check those Passwords under those items, change them, or delete it and start over.

You may have multiple entries.

No idea on one pass.

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 1, 2020 4:48 PM in response to BDAqua

so you are saying it ranks the last one successfully used at the top? or it chronologically lists them most recent to oldest?

also.

is there a way to SEE what my keychain passwords are if i need to manually transfer them somewhere or keep a backup? i mean. if i am traveling and i lose my phone or it gets bricked and i cannot buy a new iPhone.

how do i login to websites?!

also. if i am logging in to a website i already have been on and it prompts me it will prompt me to ADD to existing account and i should click to ADD or REPLACE or something? i seem to create a lot of multiples somehow.

and for sure all of the above images is keychain? i am having a hard time figuring out when i am in 1pass and when i am in keychain.

Jan 2, 2020 7:26 AM in response to BDAqua

ah, shoot. THANKS.

that’s right. you can see an individual password but you cannot see a list with passwords. just a list with blacked out passwords. no way to keep a print copy in your wallet or as an emergency.

so what do people do if they wish to travel or in a case of a lost phone.

a lost phone is a nightmare even if you have a backup iphone (!) and can have a SIM from your carrier put in.

i mean i suppose you get your keychain back on a new iphone with any SIM/carrier.

but how do you backup keychain if you may be without an iphone or cell or wifi for a period of time. (i know someone will say you don’t need keychain if you don’t have cell or wifi but this is not the question...).

anyway. contacts is emergency info i can print out. but keychain really is too in 2020.

any intelligent thoughts on this? i mean can you help me think this through?

can i get it on s USB somehow?

using KEYCHAIN 101 (with 1Pass)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.