Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I convert a Word document into a Pages document?

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 4:38 PM

Open the Word document with Pages. This translates it into a Pages document, leaving the original Word document unchanged. Once you initially save the Pages document, autosave will occur within seconds of any document change.

There is no save feature to Word format. You must use File menu : Export To : Word, and this will translate from the Pages document format back to Word.

Pages is no MS Word clone, so the translation processes described above are not guaranteed to be accurate, and your Pages content may not appear the same in MS Word, when exported back to Word.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2020 4:38 PM in response to holidayjoy

Open the Word document with Pages. This translates it into a Pages document, leaving the original Word document unchanged. Once you initially save the Pages document, autosave will occur within seconds of any document change.

There is no save feature to Word format. You must use File menu : Export To : Word, and this will translate from the Pages document format back to Word.

Pages is no MS Word clone, so the translation processes described above are not guaranteed to be accurate, and your Pages content may not appear the same in MS Word, when exported back to Word.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.