Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

test my wi-fi speed

my home network has wan connection <500Mbps but should get more like 1000Mbps.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 4:16 PM

Does your WAN network consist of Access Points? Inclusion of Access Points or Wi+Fi extenders etc will see Total capacity distributed / divided accordingly. There are other factors as well including hardware limitations within your devices (if any).

Note that I am assuming here that you are talking about your internal home network and not your outside Internet connection speed. If you are talking about your outside internet connections speed then that too can be affected by speed limitation in certain arrangements. Talk to your Internet Service Provider in this case.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2020 4:16 PM in response to soren128

Does your WAN network consist of Access Points? Inclusion of Access Points or Wi+Fi extenders etc will see Total capacity distributed / divided accordingly. There are other factors as well including hardware limitations within your devices (if any).

Note that I am assuming here that you are talking about your internal home network and not your outside Internet connection speed. If you are talking about your outside internet connections speed then that too can be affected by speed limitation in certain arrangements. Talk to your Internet Service Provider in this case.

Axel F.

test my wi-fi speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.