Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes will not open when iphoneX is plugged in but will sync if i manually open itunes

I was taking an update for iTunes and when it was done it does not automatically open when a device is plugged in. I spoke to Microsoft support since I thought it was their app. they informed me it is an Apple application and that Apple iTunes is the support team I need to contact so I called Apple support and after checking settings he told me it's a Microsoft issue. so now I have a "not my issue call someone else".

Does anyone now how to get iTunes to open when I plug in a device. or who is the support team that is responsible for iTunes?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 8:47 AM

That particular feature may not work when using the Microsoft Store version of iTunes. If you want it then try uninstalling iTunes and reinstall from https://apple.com/itunes/download/win64.

tt2

2 replies

itunes will not open when iphoneX is plugged in but will sync if i manually open itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.