Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes corrupted

When I try to sync iTunes from PC to iPhone or iPod most of the songs are greyed out on both devices. The songs appear and play correctly on the PC, but not the devices. Is there a fix or can I simply remove iTunes from my devices and then reinstall?

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 11:07 AM

On the phone, or in iTunes? Assuming iTunes make sure that you are running the latest drivers for your hardware. Failing that you might want to revert to the last build of iTunes that worked correctly for you. See the bottom of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - Apple Community for download links.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 11:07 AM in response to RagyNoswar

On the phone, or in iTunes? Assuming iTunes make sure that you are running the latest drivers for your hardware. Failing that you might want to revert to the last build of iTunes that worked correctly for you. See the bottom of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - Apple Community for download links.

tt2

Jan 24, 2023 12:17 PM in response to RagyNoswar

RagyNoswar wrote:

Regarding videos not playing on PC, if I click on Music Videos under Library, the video plays correctly. But the video will not play when iTunes selects the video; I get audio only.

That might be intentional, allowing you to view a music video, but also allowing it to play audio only in a playlist, for example. What build of iTunes is it?

tt2

iTunes corrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.