Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In App Store, Graphic Converter or Adobe Lightroom are greyed out when I want to download them for my iPad Pro

I have been searching for a way to look at all my photos and my graphics work without opening Affinity.

I want to find a simple browser and organiser (Affinity is a serious editing tool and does not have a browser the way that Photoshop has a Browser and Library organiser tool) and Lyn - a very handy Bridge-like viewer seems not to be available for iPad.

Lightroom is supposed to be available for iPad but when I go to the App Store it is greyed out. On another visit I found that they were offering Lightroom for free, for the iPad Pro IF you also downloaded 2 or 3 other Apps - none of which were of any interest to me but I was getting desperate and downloaded all of them ONLY to find that they all opened EXCEPT Lightroom. What are they playing at? Who is playing about here - Adobe or Apple?

With Graphic Converter for the iPad, when I follow the links to the App Store it doesn’t exist!

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 9:23 AM

I’m following links contained in a series of reviews for photo and graphics browsers that I provoked with my request for suggestions or recommendations.

With no Preview or Finder to permit previews and folder collections - to replicate how I work in or with my MacBook Pro and MacPro - I was being forced to view image after image with my preferred graphics app, Affinity Photo.

it’s slow work as Serif are yet to make a collection browser.

i use Bridge on my Macs. Hence my hunt but at Apples App store it is greyed out for me.

my iPad Pro 12” is running 12.?? Ah! I’ve been looking at my iPhone 7 status - it is running on 13.3 but the iPad I have not updated (I now recall) because I haven’t made a backup since certain changes and etc. etc.

I’ll shut up. Sorry for wasting your time; too many devices needing attention.

thank you very much.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 9:23 AM in response to MichelPM

I’m following links contained in a series of reviews for photo and graphics browsers that I provoked with my request for suggestions or recommendations.

With no Preview or Finder to permit previews and folder collections - to replicate how I work in or with my MacBook Pro and MacPro - I was being forced to view image after image with my preferred graphics app, Affinity Photo.

it’s slow work as Serif are yet to make a collection browser.

i use Bridge on my Macs. Hence my hunt but at Apples App store it is greyed out for me.

my iPad Pro 12” is running 12.?? Ah! I’ve been looking at my iPhone 7 status - it is running on 13.3 but the iPad I have not updated (I now recall) because I haven’t made a backup since certain changes and etc. etc.

I’ll shut up. Sorry for wasting your time; too many devices needing attention.

thank you very much.

In App Store, Graphic Converter or Adobe Lightroom are greyed out when I want to download them for my iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.