Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Added albums dissapear

It seems this issue has started for me just today.

I can add an album to my library but it dissapears whithin seconds. I've tried deleting some albums and then adding a different album to my library and still get the same results.

The only reason I got the subscription was because I had been able to add all my music albums with no limits (unlike Spotify).

Any suggestions? I've tried rebooting my phone. I've tried deleting other albums to add new ones to my library. I have tried adding it from a different device (my iPad).

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 7:04 AM

:FACEPALM:

I kept trying to figure out what was going on with this and I think i found it.

Apple Music's 100,000 track cap has to be the culprit.

I checked my track numbers though and it was up to only 99,750.

My mistake was when I initially signed up for Apple Music. I initially used a website to transfer my music from Last.FM over to Apple Music. I've been tracking music through there since 2005 (off and on again). While I did get most of my favorite music back on a paid service, I'm sure some albums were added that I don't really listen to.

From here on out I'll probably spend some time on shuffling all of my songs and eliminating albums that I just know I won't listen to. Maybe just keep my favorite tracks. Either way, I guess this issue is solved.

Hopefully this helps someone down the line.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2020 7:04 AM in response to mxhec

:FACEPALM:

I kept trying to figure out what was going on with this and I think i found it.

Apple Music's 100,000 track cap has to be the culprit.

I checked my track numbers though and it was up to only 99,750.

My mistake was when I initially signed up for Apple Music. I initially used a website to transfer my music from Last.FM over to Apple Music. I've been tracking music through there since 2005 (off and on again). While I did get most of my favorite music back on a paid service, I'm sure some albums were added that I don't really listen to.

From here on out I'll probably spend some time on shuffling all of my songs and eliminating albums that I just know I won't listen to. Maybe just keep my favorite tracks. Either way, I guess this issue is solved.

Hopefully this helps someone down the line.

Added albums dissapear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.