Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Changes Time Zone Without My Knowledge

How do I get my apple watch to notify me when it changes to a new time zone? I’m in Puerto Vallarta Mexico which is on the edge of Central and Mountain time zones. A few times—unknown to me—my phone and watch changed from Central time to Mountain Time...making my late. It seems my phone gets erronius information from some cell phone towers and changes the timezone even though I’m not in the same city. I’d at least like to know when this happens.

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 3:35 PM

Greetings glenpaling,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand the time has changed unexpectedly on your Apple Watch, and you're curious how to set up a notification to alert you when the time zone changes.

There isn't an option available to set an alert when the time zone changes on your Apple Watch. You're welcome to leave feedback to Apple with that suggestion at the following website: Product Feedback - Apple

You can disable Set Automatically in the Date & Time settings on your iPhone to prevent the time zone from changing automatically on your Apple Watch, as outlined in the last section of the following article: How to get updated time zone information for your Apple device - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 3:35 PM in response to glenpaling

Greetings glenpaling,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand the time has changed unexpectedly on your Apple Watch, and you're curious how to set up a notification to alert you when the time zone changes.

There isn't an option available to set an alert when the time zone changes on your Apple Watch. You're welcome to leave feedback to Apple with that suggestion at the following website: Product Feedback - Apple

You can disable Set Automatically in the Date & Time settings on your iPhone to prevent the time zone from changing automatically on your Apple Watch, as outlined in the last section of the following article: How to get updated time zone information for your Apple device - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Jan 5, 2020 3:51 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks for the reply, I've disabled automatic timezone changes on my iPhone as you suggested. I've done that before when I was in Mexico before when I was very close to a time zone border. I've been here two months with no issues. It only happened on New Years Eve...I almost missed the party :)

I wasn't aware that I could give product feedback. I'll do that.

Apple Watch Changes Time Zone Without My Knowledge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.