Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad alarm sound occurs when receiving a call on iPhone

This is a recent development that has happened twice. I get a call on my iPhone. After the call, I hear a faint "alarm" sound going off somewhere. I trace the sound to my iPad in another room that has the volume turned off. The iPad is connected to my phone so that I can answer calls on it if I want (and has been this way for years). In order to stop the alarm, I have to disconnect the charging cable and reinsert.

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 10:24 AM

I am having the same issue repeatedly...I am using an Xr phone and a 5th Generation iPad and this happens at least a couple of times a week since Dec or January. I have all the latest updates and have done the reboot, etc. but no luck, still keep getting the ding, ding, ding until I unplug the iPad.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2020 10:24 AM in response to LHnTX

I am having the same issue repeatedly...I am using an Xr phone and a 5th Generation iPad and this happens at least a couple of times a week since Dec or January. I have all the latest updates and have done the reboot, etc. but no luck, still keep getting the ding, ding, ding until I unplug the iPad.

iPad alarm sound occurs when receiving a call on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.