Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey, I was lost my iphone 11 Pro

And now my friend got a messages from Apple support. I dont know if I can trust them. Telephone is on lost mode, offline

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 6:29 AM

Hello justinas192,

I'm a former Apple Employee of 12+ years, so i'm not personally familiar that Apple Support proactively sends out notifications to customers whenever their iPhone goes into lost mode. You as the customer are generally the one that will have to contact Apple for assistance once an iPhone is lost or stolen. However I do know you will generally get an email notifying you that your device has been placed in lost mode, this is an auto-generated email and not an actual Apple employee reaching out.

I did consult with some of my former co-workers just to check and see if this experience has changed, and I was advised they are also unaware of Apple Support reaching out to you when iPhone is placed in lost mode. So I would ignore that message and only communicate with Apple via telephone as they can authenticate you as the owner and offer further assistance as needed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2020 6:29 AM in response to justinas192

Hello justinas192,

I'm a former Apple Employee of 12+ years, so i'm not personally familiar that Apple Support proactively sends out notifications to customers whenever their iPhone goes into lost mode. You as the customer are generally the one that will have to contact Apple for assistance once an iPhone is lost or stolen. However I do know you will generally get an email notifying you that your device has been placed in lost mode, this is an auto-generated email and not an actual Apple employee reaching out.

I did consult with some of my former co-workers just to check and see if this experience has changed, and I was advised they are also unaware of Apple Support reaching out to you when iPhone is placed in lost mode. So I would ignore that message and only communicate with Apple via telephone as they can authenticate you as the owner and offer further assistance as needed.

Hey, I was lost my iphone 11 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.