Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match / Music app

I signed up for iTunes Match to be able to access all my music via Apple TV. Now when I try to open Music on my MacBook Air (2014 model, running Catalina) it says "loading music library" - for the last 36 hours! What's wrong here: is it trying to download all the music to my Air? Can I change some settings on another device (Apple TV, iPhone XS, iPad all associated with same Apple ID/account) to get this to resolve? Also: my Air still doesn't show up on Apple TV's music app under Computers (home sharing is turned on, all devices), and although I do get one giant "Purchased" playlist (useless, as it's randomly organized) none of my other playlists show up. Help?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 3:17 AM

When you first sign up for iTunes Match and enable Sync Library on your computer Music will scan your library and attempt to match all of your music with corresponding items in the store, or upload your tracks where no match is found. Depending on the size of your library this can take some time, however it is also possible that the process has stalled. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support to review the status of your tracks. Those that are waiting have yet to be processed. You may need to force quit Music and/or your Mac, then restart to resume the matching of your library. Where tracks aren't matched, uploaded, or purchased you can try right-click > Add to (Cloud) Library to force them to be processed, and you can use the File > Library > Update Cloud Library to resume the syncing of your library to the cloud if it hasn't happened automatically.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 3:17 AM in response to packlight

When you first sign up for iTunes Match and enable Sync Library on your computer Music will scan your library and attempt to match all of your music with corresponding items in the store, or upload your tracks where no match is found. Depending on the size of your library this can take some time, however it is also possible that the process has stalled. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support to review the status of your tracks. Those that are waiting have yet to be processed. You may need to force quit Music and/or your Mac, then restart to resume the matching of your library. Where tracks aren't matched, uploaded, or purchased you can try right-click > Add to (Cloud) Library to force them to be processed, and you can use the File > Library > Update Cloud Library to resume the syncing of your library to the cloud if it hasn't happened automatically.

tt2

Jan 5, 2020 2:53 AM in response to packlight

Playlists that contain ineligible content, won't be added to iCloud Music Library. There should be an icon alongside the playlist name to indicate this. (See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support). You could try right-clicking a playlist name and seeing if Add to (Cloud) Library is available in the same way that it works with tracks.

tt2

iTunes Match / Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.