Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TVOS 16 won't allow me to click on the "even numbered" songs in my playlists!

After upgrading to TVOS 16.0, when playing shared music from my iMac's playlists on my 2nd gen Apple TV 4K (using the "Computers" app, and selecting "Music"), I can no longer directly the select the "even numbered" songs in the playlists queue (i.e., the 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc.) on the Apple TV's screen. This happens whether shuffling the songs in the playlist, or playing them in order. I have tried quitting the app and starting again, choosing different playlists, re-starting the Apple TV, pulling the power plug for 1 minute on the Apple TV and then plugging it back in, and even resetting the Apple TV. Nothing works. The problem has persisted into TVOS 16.1.

If I let the current song finish playing, it WILL advance to the next song.  BUT, if I try using the Apple TV's remote to swipe to the next ("even-numbered") song on the TV screen, it skips over that song. It only acknowledges the NEXT "odd-numbered" song (i.e., the 3rd, 5th, 7th, etc.) as being "clickable." This happens swiping forward or backwards.

Has anyone else had this problem with tvOS16? Any solutions? Apple support is looking into the problem, but has been stumped so far.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 4:25 PM

I updated to Apple TVOS 16.3 recently and the above problem STILL persists! Notified Apple of this problem on apple.com/feedback, and called 1-800-MYAPPLE, and I still have gotten no answer to why this is happening and if it will ever be fixed.

This is VERY frustrating!

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 8, 2022 9:06 AM in response to Green Lantern

I can confirm that, using Home Sharing, every other track is selectable in the Now Playing screen queue. For me, it can be even or odd, depending one the currently playing track (even or odd). Every track is selectable in the Album track listing, though. The files are fine, and played fine before. Same behavior for every album/playlist in the music library.

It sounds like a recent bug. Please help prioritize a fix for this, by reporting it to Apple. Feedback - Apple TV - Apple.

TVOS 16 won't allow me to click on the "even numbered" songs in my playlists!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.