Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

use my tv provider for Apple TV channels

Is there a way to use my tv provider for channels like ABC, HBO, Showtime where my provider (Frontier) allows streaming. I do not see a way to login, only the try for free. I have the TV Provider setup on the device.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 7:55 PM

The Apple TV app Channels are not exchangeable with subscriptions and bundles from a TV provider. The Apple TV app Channels are a substitute for select premium channels individually, with Apple as its reseller and deliverer.

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld.com

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

To use the bundled services from your TV provider on the Apple TV box, you have to download the apps for these services. Maybe your TV provider has published their own app with all their services. (Checked: only for iPhone and iPad, not Apple TV.)

To use e.g. ABC, HBO Go and Showtime Anytime, get all of their respective apps. Each app will want you to sign in with your TV provider credentials, unless your TV provider supports Single Sign-on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2020 7:55 PM in response to robertfromfountain valley

The Apple TV app Channels are not exchangeable with subscriptions and bundles from a TV provider. The Apple TV app Channels are a substitute for select premium channels individually, with Apple as its reseller and deliverer.

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld.com

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

To use the bundled services from your TV provider on the Apple TV box, you have to download the apps for these services. Maybe your TV provider has published their own app with all their services. (Checked: only for iPhone and iPad, not Apple TV.)

To use e.g. ABC, HBO Go and Showtime Anytime, get all of their respective apps. Each app will want you to sign in with your TV provider credentials, unless your TV provider supports Single Sign-on.

use my tv provider for Apple TV channels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.