Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano (4th Gen) Won't Play Music, Reads Audio Files as "Other"

Recently I attached my iPod Nano (4th Gen) to my Windows 10 laptop and got a message from Windows saying some of the files were messed up. It asked if I wanted to scan and repair the files. Naively, I clicked yes.

The next thing I know, it looks like all 2,000+ songs, music videos, videos, and TV shows were wiped off my iPod.

After a mild panic attack, I started the arduous work of putting my backup files back onto my iPod. But then I got a message that there wasn't enough space on it.

So I opened up Groove Music and discovered that all my music was still on the iPod. When I checked iTunes again, I noticed that the storage space for "Other" matched the same GB as when the music on my iPod was under "Audio."

So clearly, all the music files - and possibly the videos - are still on my iPod Nano but marked as "Other."

Right now, I can't play the music on my iPod unless it's attached to a computer, so I can't use it as the portable MP3 player it's supposed to be.

So how do I get those "Other" files to be marked as "Audio" and "Video" again?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 5:24 PM

Hello,

You could try restoring your iPod to factory settings.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

iPod Nano (4th Gen) Won't Play Music, Reads Audio Files as "Other"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.