Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think my Mac has a Java Script Trojan virus and I don't know what to do!

Okay, so I was browsing Yahoo on my MacBook Air and I noticed something up in the search box that read "Safe Finder." I looked it and found out it was a virus, meaning my Mac may be infected!

I visited an site called PCRisk.com (image below) and it recommended I download a free version of a software called Combo Cleaner to get rid of the Safe Finder virus.

So I downloaded a free version of Combo Cleaner and after scanning, it came up with this:

It says I have to buy and download a Premium version to get rid of these infections. To make sure I would be getting my money's worth, I looked up Combo Cleaner and found some reviewers calling it a scam. Now I'm not sure what to do and I'm getting really scared!

From what I could gather, the Trojan is in a file called Inject.js. I think this means it's infected Java Script. How do I get rid of it? Should I download Combo Cleaner?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 12:32 AM

A better solution to resolve the issues caused by introduction of one set of problematic unwanted masking

agents with another potential false fix, would be to try and isolate/remove the primary cause of symptoms.

The preferred tool to use in most instances would be Malwarebytes | Mac Antivirus Replacement ~ also

to have and use EtreCheck -- with ability to remove bad things, & generate reports of that status, is good.

These are two items that my Macs have installed; are helpful to have, and get run on occasion. ~ Just to check.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 12:32 AM in response to Clickboy1345

A better solution to resolve the issues caused by introduction of one set of problematic unwanted masking

agents with another potential false fix, would be to try and isolate/remove the primary cause of symptoms.

The preferred tool to use in most instances would be Malwarebytes | Mac Antivirus Replacement ~ also

to have and use EtreCheck -- with ability to remove bad things, & generate reports of that status, is good.

These are two items that my Macs have installed; are helpful to have, and get run on occasion. ~ Just to check.

I think my Mac has a Java Script Trojan virus and I don't know what to do!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.