Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 11 has stopped charging wirelessly now !!!!!!!!

My wireless chargers has stopped charging my iPhone 11 pro plus ???

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 7:31 AM

Reboot your iPhone. The process suggested above is close, but not correct.

Press and quickly release volume up button

Then press and quickly release volume down button

Then press and keep holding power button (keep holding past swipe to power off) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go

Once back in your iPhone, see if you can charge wirelessly.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 7:31 AM in response to sapper

Reboot your iPhone. The process suggested above is close, but not correct.

Press and quickly release volume up button

Then press and quickly release volume down button

Then press and keep holding power button (keep holding past swipe to power off) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go

Once back in your iPhone, see if you can charge wirelessly.

Jan 4, 2020 3:39 AM in response to Barrypet

Apparently, if your phones case back is metallic, this will affect the charging. It also appears that the GPU is metal optimised which could also interfere with the charging process.

Another thing to consider is: is your charger QI certified? The shell is made from low carbon aluminium.

One remedy suggested is to press either of the 2 volume buttons and the power button together.

My iPhone 11 has stopped charging wirelessly now !!!!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.