Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Straight Talk and Apple Watch

I purchased an iPhone 6 Plus from Walmart and I have straight talk as my phone service provider so my question is can I use the 3 series Apple Watch plus cellular?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 8:36 AM

No on 2 counts

A) Straight Talk does not support the Apple Watch

iPhone Cellular Carriers that support the Apple Watch, which models, the radio frequencies each model uses, and the country where they offer service:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

B) The current shipping Apple Watch Series 3 and 5 models require an iPhone 6s, SE, 7 or newer running iOS 13.  It will Not pair with the iPhone 6, 6 Plus or older.

NOTE: The Apple Watch as GPS only can do Everything the cellular model can do as long as your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is somewhere in the same 3-4 bedroom home (assuming typical wood frame construction). And the GPS only model does not care about your iPhone cellular carrier.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 8:36 AM in response to Traebug000

No on 2 counts

A) Straight Talk does not support the Apple Watch

iPhone Cellular Carriers that support the Apple Watch, which models, the radio frequencies each model uses, and the country where they offer service:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

B) The current shipping Apple Watch Series 3 and 5 models require an iPhone 6s, SE, 7 or newer running iOS 13.  It will Not pair with the iPhone 6, 6 Plus or older.

NOTE: The Apple Watch as GPS only can do Everything the cellular model can do as long as your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is somewhere in the same 3-4 bedroom home (assuming typical wood frame construction). And the GPS only model does not care about your iPhone cellular carrier.

Straight Talk and Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.