Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to be able to have my Apple Cash card be a "savings account"

I use Apple Card and am enjoying getting daily cash back on the Apple Cash card. When I send money to my daughter via Messages, however, it automatically pulls money off the Apple Cash card and then pulls the balance from my regular debit card.

Is there a setting to not have it do that? I want to be able to have my Apple Cash card be a "savings account", if you will, and just send her the money from my regular debit card.

Thanks,

Jeff D.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 7:47 AM

2 replies

Jan 4, 2020 8:11 AM in response to JDavid1967

Go to that link and it says you can choose on the confirmation screen. please do not post personal information (email) in your posts. everyone in the world can see these and you will get spammed.

iPhone or iPad

1. In Messages, start a new conversation or tap an existing one.
  2. Tap . If you don't see the Apple Pay button, tap  first.
  3. To select an amount, tap  or . To enter an exact amount, tap Show Keypad.
  4. Tap Pay. If you want to, add a message to go with the payment. 
  5. Tap . Then review the payment information or cancel. Your money in Apple Cash will be used to pay firstLearn how a payment method is chosen
  6. To send the payment, confirm with Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode. Need to cancel a payment after sending?

I want to be able to have my Apple Cash card be a "savings account"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.