Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synology NAS disconnects after upgrade to Catalina

After upgrading my iMac (late 2015) to Catalina when I wake my iMac the next day it disconnects from my Synology NAS (running lates DSM OS). During the day I can wake my iMac and its still connected, but each morning I have the disconnect message to ignore or disconnect. I have tried reconnecting via Finder->G to Server and it hangs. The only way to get reconnected is to reboot the iMac. I've tried various SMB setting on the Synology including not allowing SMB1, but the problem continues.

Does anyone have a solution/suggestion?

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 11:20 AM

Check your Energy Saver settings. What is checked? You should try checking only the first, third, and last option on the panel. See if that stops the disconnect. If it does not, then call Synology's techs support for assistance.

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 5, 2020 6:35 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks for replying, but that's not it. It is a Catalina problem as I have it on my iMac, but my wife running Majove doesn't. And since my children came home from college and upgraded to Cataline, they have the problem. And many have contacted Synology and they are trying to figure out what Apple changed in the OS to create the problem.

Jan 5, 2020 7:00 AM in response to GGHulse

If in fact it is a Synology DSM issue, then you will have to wait for them to issue an update for Catalina compatibility. If it is an Apple fixable issue, and they know about it, then at the earliest, it may be in Catalina 10.15.3 when it is released.

I am running an older v5 release of the Synology DSM and I have no connection issues during the day when waking from sleep with Catalina 10.15.2. My Macs are off during the night.

Synology NAS disconnects after upgrade to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.